Resoponsibilities of Members
To effectively discharge its role as an effective Business Association, MAN expects its members to loyally discharge the following responsibilities and obligations:
Code of Conduct
Every member should:
- Endeavour to maintain in all aspects of their operations, a high level of business ethics and recognized standards, thus refraining from all business dealings of questionable nature, which could bring the Association or the manufacturing sector as a whole into disrepute.
- Demonstrate transparent commitment to Nigeria’s industrial objectives and policies; placing Nigeria’s best interest above all others and increasing the contribution of the manufacturing sector to the economy, and towards the improvement of the quality of life of Nigerians.
- Promote, encourage and improve quality standards and process control in all their manufacturing operations.
- Refer to the National Council of the Association, any disagreement between members of the Association for arbitration before either party can pursue such a matter further (if necessary) after Council’s intervention.
Payment of Subscription
- Every member is bound to further, to the best of its ability, the objects, interest and influence of the Association.
- Each member will be required to pay an annual subscription to meet the running expenses of the Association.
- The subscription shall be calculated in accordance with the decision of the National Council and shall be paid annually at the commencement of each Association year or in the case of new members at the time of application for membership.
- Each member shall submit to the Director General an annual return showing details required for the assessment of the subscriptions due.
- Any member wishing to resign its membership of the Association may only do so by giving at least three months notice in writting of its intention to resign.
- Any member resigning shall pay all subscriptions due from it and shall cease, as from the end of the period of its notice, to have any claim on the Association in respect of its funds.
- Any member who shall fail in observance of any of the Articles of the Association or act in any manner prejudicial to the interest of the Association may be excluded from the Association on the recommendation of the National Council and confirmed at a General Meeting.
- A member so excluded shall forfeit all claims to a refund of the money paid by it to the Association on its admission as a member thereof, or by way of annual subscription as the case may be and shall cease to be a member of the Association.
General Financial Support of the Association
Members are required to give financial support including sponsorship of activities to the Association as at when requested.
Supply of Data
Members should support the Association in all its undertakings by prompt provision of data/ information when requested and by constructive participation in representations and meetings with Government on behalf of the Association when required.
Capacity Building for Members
Members are expected to participate in MAN training programmes with a view to improving their product quality and manpower capacity.
Corporate Social Responsibility
In response to the needs of the host community:
- Members of MAN should demonstrate responsible corporate citizenship at all times.
- Members should therefore endeavour to support the society in the provision of:
- Maintenance of law and order
- Other philanthropic activities to support the less privileged and the socially disadvantaged.